Sunday, January 21, 2007

Discipline

Over the past couple of weeks I have been feeling pressed to get more disciplined in my life. The past three years were full of discipline. Every minute as an RD and student was pretty much consumed with something that I was doing or needed to do. I feel like after we left Cleveland/ Lee.. I went in a time of not wanting to do anything that "should" be done. I anything that looked like discipline was avoided. In December and the beginning of this month, I have come to the realization that this time is over. I need to start being more disciplined and intentional in my life. This includes exercise on a regular basis, reading and just thinking more about spiritual growth as well as personal and professional growth, being more financially responsible and looking for ways to help build our ministry. I am looking forward to seeing how these changes affect my life and others for the good. I am looking forward to the blogs being a place of reflection as I journey back to being a thoughtful person.

4 comments:

K E Alexander said...

It's natural after a "tightly stretched period" to go into a relaxed mode. I always look forward to going back to the discipline, even though I enjoy winding down while it lasts! I find that an academic schedule (which you and I are on and probably always will be on!) is helpful with all this. I can slow down a little in the summer and during breaks, read fiction, sleep a little later, watch Martha Stewart! But then there's August or January...time to get rolling! It's a nice way to live.

K E Alexander said...

By the way....hope you're feeling better! Thanks for your sacrificial acts on Saturday in spite of the pain.

Hope Butcher said...

I'm the same. I love vacations and I love traveling but I'm always glad to get beck to my real life, the one with responsibilities and organization. I've always done better with a clock-in/clock-out lifestyle. Right now Lex, Charlotte, Fletcher & Josh definitely clock me in and out during the day! Besides, this house would go to pieces without my organization skills! :D j/k.

m.d. mcmullin said...

Welcome to the blogosphere.

As they say when it comes to discipline, it is better to give than to receive.