Saturday, January 27, 2007

Enjoyed Movie


Robb and I had a chill out night the other day and rented a hilarious movie!!! Before I recommend it let me offer this little disclaimer... there is Strong language in it. We were not quite expecting that but were so taken in my the otherwise interesting story line that we did not let that deter us. Are you on the edge of your seats wondering "What movie???" We rented Little Miss Sunshine. It is a great movie about a messed up family and how they make it through life in spite of a variety of crappy situations. We laughed hard throughout the movie!! There are many unexpected turns to the movie and just when you think you have the writers plot figured out it takes a twist. If you can stand the "f" word used frequently, you will enjoy this movie. It is one of the funnest movies I have seen in a long time.
I think I loved it because my own family's life experiences were often odd and challenging- albeit not nearly as odd as this- nothing seemed to come easily for us. However, my family never allowed the disappointments of life to put an end to whatever we were trying to do. I think that is something a lot of families miss in today's life. Resiliency. I see soo many trying to make things perfect for their children/family. If everything is not perfect they break down and stomp out of life- quitting. I love that this family keeps going in the midst of many obstacles and hope that one day when we have a family that we can teach our kids to not expect perfection out of life and to know how to keep going when things are not how we imagine them or want them to go. It is kind of like teaching kids how to learn and not just giving them the facts.

2 comments:

Eleanor Hutchins said...

We also loved this movie and I am glad you liked it as well. Congratulations on the job and your husband getting a church. I really like Nashville. Hope all is well.

Mary

Michelle said...

Very funny. I have been trying to get Nic to rent this movie. I have heard a lot of great things and everyone says how much we would like it. I will have to rent it today.