Monday, April 2, 2007

The Case of the Missing Hair

I started this post out this was because I used to love Nancy Drew Books and a mystery was always fun to figure out. During spring break I lost 10 inches of hair in a fatal cut. It was a little traumatic but now I love my new style. I did this for Locks of Love. This is a great organization that takes donated hair (10 or more inches) and create wigs for kids with cancer. The great thing about human hair is that they can swim in it, wash it, and curl/style it. It helps lessen some of the emotional pain that kids, who are dealing with cancer, experience. It was hard to loose 10 inches, I can't imagine if it was all of my hair. I will post picture later of the new hair cut... but there are not currently any that I like.

6 comments:

K E Alexander said...

What a selfless act! It reminds me of the O. Henry story...what's the name of it? It's the one where the woman cuts her hair to buy her husband a gift (what was it?) and he sells whatever he treasures to buy combs for her hair. There was a Bert and Ernie version of it where Ernie sells his rubber duckie to buy Bert's gift. Anyway...I don't remember enough of the details for this post to be meaningful!

Can't wait to see the picture of you with your new style!

Michelle said...

I didn't realize your hair had grown that much. My hair would never grow that long.... I don't think it would. What a great cause though. That's neat.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see photos!!!! SOON?

Robb said...

The gift of the Magi is the O. Henry story. She sold her hair to buy a watch chain/fob for him, and he sold his watch to buy the combs. It is a great story. I have a great wife, too.

Robb said...

She also has some way cute hair. I love it.

K E Alexander said...

You're right, Robb. You have a great wife with a really cute haircut!!

I thought it was 'The Gift of the Magi' but couldn't be sure.