Monday, April 23, 2007

A Different Life


I am sitting up wishing I could go back to sleep. Yes... I said back to sleep. If you look at the time it is 11:03 p.m. When you get up at 5:30am and your husband gets up at 4:00am, late nights are no longer an option. This is an odd change in life for me. I have never been an early to bed/early to rise person. I truthfully love late night. I am always more thoughtful during this time, maybe that is why I often have trouble sleeping. Life has settled into some sort of routine. Somedays I love this and others I long for the excitment of not know when someone was going to knock on my door, who it would be,and why they would need me. I lived the previous 8 years of my life like this. 11pm was always still early in the night. Many a dorm meeting started at 11. It is funny to think that I am trying to go back to sleep and that tomorrow will be hard to get through because I have not slept 7-8 hours. I miss being an RD. It was a sweet time in life. Maybe because the lack of routine ( and stress )had become comfortable. I hope that our time in Nashville will grow into this sense of belonging/knowing ones role and purpose. I sit here and try to remind myself to look for the beauty in the mundane... i have a roof over my head-that is a blessing!! I have two cute dogs.. i have a wonderful husband... I can drive to my family's house- thank goodness I do not have to fly... we live in a cool city-we could live in the middle of no where..I have a TV with cable-growing up we never had cable. i have a dish washer- it may be loud but it still works. So many more things to be thankful for!!! Maybe if I keep this list going in my head, I will be able to drift off to sleep.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You have done what I try to do. Whenever I start feeling down about my life and the way things are, I try to start looking at all God's blessings. I think about the that have no car, no home or even no food. There is always someone out there that's worse. We love and miss you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kim...I miss having the chats with you! Love your perspective...praying for you and the end of the year!