Saturday, June 9, 2007

It's the End of the Year As I Know It

Thank goodness I have reached the end of the school year. I have worked my extra time and starting Monday am officially free. This is part of my love for working in the world of education. You may not get paid alot but.. few get the sense of satisfaction that educators get from coming to the end of a year. I would have a hard time working in a job where there was not definite end/ marking of an accomplishment (survival) to each year. I have many plans of what I am going to do during this time.
Week 1- Clean/straighten the house/yard sale shopping/sleeping/ watching movies, teaching my dogs to behave, and going to the doctor to hear the heartbeat.- Emma Alexander is coming to visit on the weekend. Fun times!!
Week 2- Going to VA to see my friend Shirley and her new baby.
Week3- Another week of hanging out.
Week 4-2 days of work and then my parents are coming to visit for a couple of days.
Week 5-2 days of work then vacation to Louisville with Robb. Camping and then staying in a nice hotel for a couple of days.
Then is is back to work. But with a fresh start, new kids to guide, and new problems to overcome.

4 comments:

K E Alexander said...

I, too, love an academic calendar. My "body clock" is just in sync with that calendar given the fact that most of my life I've been in a school-type situation, either as a student (about 25 of those years!) or as a teacher. I like the sense of completion, as you describe it. I like having my life arranged in manageable blocks of time: six weeks, a break, six weeks, a break, etc. I heard Dan Aleshiere, head of ATS (accrediting agency) talk about the struggle he had in his first pastorate because it didn't operate on that kind of schedule. There is no off-time in the church! Hope you get some real down time and that you and Robb have a great vacation!

Garlic&Pickles said...

It sounds like you are going to have a grear summer. Give me a shout if you are going to be passing though GA anytime :)

Anonymous said...

I agree! LOVE the academic schedule...

You guys are coming to Louisville? That's only an hour from me!!!!!

Kim said...

Faith--- I would LOVE to get together while there!! It would be so fun to catch up on life. I'll call you this weekend and maybe we can set something up.

Katie---I am not coming home until October. Sad, I know!! My parents are going to come up here this summer to visit. With Robb working 2 jobs it is hard to get away.But.. in oct.. we can definitly get together