Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Easter Candy




One of the things I love about this time of year is Easter candy. There are so many special ones that I only eat around Easter: Peeps, Cadbury eggs, jelly beans, chocolate bunnies, malt ball eggs ( the kind that paint your lips/tongue) are just a few of the highlights. Really any of the chocolates taste better in the form of an egg. I have such a hard time not buying bags of these favorites because many are only out once a year. But.. I do resist. I love Easter egg hunts and will always be the type of person who puts the " good" candy in the eggs. Not the nasty sugar eggs!! You the know what I am talking about. The bright hard , sugared"eggs" in the tiny plastic bag. Egg hunt organizers love to take these by the handful and throw them out for kids to "find." I think the rational behind this is " at least everyone will have something." Yuck! As a kid I remember not ever taking the time to pick them up because they were always gross to me. Speaking of being a kid. The "paint your lips" comment comes from my childhood. I would take the pink maltball eggs and paint my lips like I had lipstick on. Silly!! What is your favorite type of Easter candy? I found this great website has done a lot of research on Peeps; how they react to cold, doing surgery so they are not conjoined, what happens to Peeps in a vacuum. It is cute!! www.peepresearch.org

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Kim, this is too weird. I was riding to work a couple of weeks ago and someone in the car with us had some of those" paint your lips" eggs. I tried to do it and everyone in the car was looking at me like I had lost my mind. I am so glad to hear that I am normal!!

Anonymous said...

Kim:

This is too cute! Would you believe
I love the nasty sugary eggs!! Sugar
and I use to hunt those as long as
you could buy them - even into the
summer. Mother always said they
tasted like talcum powder!! I like
the malted eggs also.

We will just have to get sick this
next week eating Easter candy!! I
will be fun.

Anonymous said...

oops!

We will have to get some kind of Easter goodies for Robb and Anna
Claire also.

Garlic&Pickles said...

I love peeps and cadbury eggs, yum yum. I think my favorite thing to eat on easter is hard boiled eggs with just a little bit of salt sprinked on top.

K E Alexander said...

I love Easter candy! My Mamaw Ervin used to always buy us a chocolate bunny. I love malted milk eggs and have always been able to eat a whole Cadbury Egg without cringing about how sweet it is. I am always excited to see them in the stores (even though now they put them out too soon!). And my all-time favorite is Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. They remind me of my days as a Seminary student when the Westmore Women's Circle made peanut butter eggs and sold them. All around town you'd see baskets full of them for sale! They raised their whole budget for Women's Ministries making peanut butter eggs!!

Now I can't wait to buy Easter Candy for Lex!

Hope Butcher said...

Mmm. Lots to say. I would love to have been in on the peanut butter eggs. Reese's PB Eggs are my fav of the Reese's series. Something about the shape of it makes it the perfect richness. Regular Reese's cups are too much for me! Josh can eat them like there's no tomorrow...Cadbury eggs too. I agree about putting good candy in the eggs. I'm the same way at Halloween. Only the good stuff from me! I will NOT be known as the boring foil-wrapped-chocolate-egg, orange-and-black-chewy-something, generic candy lady. Ick!