Monday, March 24, 2008

A Not so Great Easter.

This Easter was not a great weekend, even though there are smiles on our faces. Judy, Robb's mom, came up on Friday to spend the weekend with us. She arrived bringing sweet gifts for Anna Claire, her first bunny, a little basket, a sweater, and several other cute surprises. Judy was sweet and sent Robb and I out on a little date without Anna Claire. Anna Claire and Judy had a fun couple of hours talking and playing together. Robb and I came home and Judy fell sick pretty quickly after that. We thought she had food poisoning. After a rough night, Robb and I convinced her to let us drive her back to Cleveland. It was an uneventful trip with the pleasure of seeing Suzy. Sunday morning was ok. We had 50 + people in attendance, a children's skit, and a moving sermon by Robb. We came home for a simple lunch with Omar, a new guy at church. Later that afternoon Robb became very sick. He has the stomach flu and is struggling to get over it. Not the way you want to spend a relaxing Sunday. Please keep him/ us in your prayers. So far Anna Claire and I have avoided it, and we want to keep it that way!!! I was supposed to go back to work today but stayed home to help take care of him. The first day back to work has been postponed till tomorrow.

2 comments:

K E Alexander said...

I'm so sorry about all the illness. I know Judy was so disappointed not to be able to be there for Anna Claire's first Easter. We are praying for all of you.

Michelle said...

I know what you mean. I had the stomach flu as well.